Index Home About Blog
From: jbrandt@hpl.hp.com (Jobst Brandt)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Dealin with sweat in the eyes..
Date: 8 Mar 2000 01:30:12 GMT

anonymous writes:

>>> Does anyone else out there with the more-face-than-hair condition
>>> find that wearing a skull cap under the helmet helps with avoiding
>>> the perspiration to the eyes?

Ah yes, the helmet.  With it the cycling cap vanished and no one
remembers what it was good for.  When descending in heavy rain the
brim can be adjusted so the rain does not strike the eyes, the same
goes for wet snow.  When it's hot, the bill is lower to as low on the
forehead as convenient for visibility and all sweat runs out on the
tip and drips off.  Just because the baseball cap syndrome reached the
bicyclists, doesn't mean there was any reason to wear them backwards
other than looking goofy.  They did it and all the kids had to imitate
Fredy Maertens the wise ass sprinter.  Fortunately I have a stash of
caps, without which I would have excessively salty eyes.

Jobst Brandt      <jbrandt@hpl.hp.com>

Index Home About Blog