Index Home About Blog
From: jobst.brandt@stanfordalumni.org
Subject: Re: What's wrong with me?
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:18:40 GMT

Although I never had one in hand at the right time, a ping pong paddle
is the best weapon against a dog, because it is too fast for the dog
to dodge and a medium smack on the tip of the nose (the point of
attack), will lay the animal motionless on the road.  I have done this
a couple of times with a lucky hit with my Silca tire pump, the kind
bicycle racers used to carry in days of yore.  The first time I
managed it my friend believed I had killed the dog, it lay so still on
its back.  This would probably work well on a grizzly bear except that
you couldn't reach his nose, the weapons of choice being the claws
that are fast and outreach a human by a bit.  However, the nose is the
spot... similar to a KIB for a man.

Jobst Brandt
jobst.brandt@stanfordalumni.org
Palo Alto CA