Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Power washer on RV
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:50:37 -0500

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:07:05 GMT, "Max" <thesameoldme@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Jim and Anna Lohse" <jalohse@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Used a 2400 PSI Honda on my newer Nash to get rid of the bugs.  Wish I
>> would not of.  It lifted some of the edges of the decals.  I am back to
>> the hose and brush.  My new Laredo brochure advises not to use a power
>> washer.
>
>I was afraid of that.  Just ain't no easy way I guess.

I have a high power pressure washer and use it with no problems on my rig.
It's a matter of common sense.  That spray when it emits from the nozzle
carries a lot of force.  A foot or so out most of it is dissipated.  Ergo, one
does not hammer on the edge of decals, around window seams, refrigerator vents
and the like.  One CAN somewhat hammer plain old paint as long as it's intact.
One can absolutely hammer tires, wheels and other non-painted surfaces.

I have a suction side chemical metering unit installed on my washer.  That
lets me meter in soap and then liquid wax without any additional effort.

The BIG advantage to a pressure washer is that it will blast off the surface
grit that would otherwise get caught in your sponge or rag and scratch the
paint.

You can test your skills on a piece of wood.  Spray strong enough to lift
decals or bubble paint is also strong enough to lift the wood fibers and make
the wood look fuzzy.