Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Coffee in the RV
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:36:36 -0400

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:59:36 -0400, bill horne <redydog@rye.net> wrote:

>damn. This is reminding me of the binoculars thread. Consumer Reports
>says:

Look up "banal" in the dictionary and there's the CR logo. They simply define
cheap-skate mediocrity.

They're the same ones who claimed that cheapo washing machines do as good a job as
the high end ones like the Neptunes.  That, for some reason, stuck in my mind and
I've used cheap ones for years.  Just got used to having to de-Bob-hair my clothes
before and after washing.

Then one day mine broke down and I dropped in on a friend and used his Neptune.  Wow!
NO hair at all even though I'd not bothered to de-Bob those loads.  They also came
out of the high speed spin cycle only slightly moist.  That cut the dryer time in
half.  There IS a difference, a big difference and CR was simply wrong.  Again.

Of course I didn't just go out and plop down 1.5 Large for a new Neptune.  I looked
around and found one that was "broken" and was being given away.  A $10 part later
and it was good as new.