Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: RV toilet II
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:59:03 -0400

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:07:15 GMT, "Tim Dolan"
<tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote:

>Hi again folks,
>                      The RV center had to order the fill valve kit. I was
>also told that toilet had to be removed to change the valve.
>                   Can this valve be checked or cleaned first, without
>removing the toilet??

With the aid of mirrors, a flexible shaft on a cordless screwdriver
and lots of contortions, I changed the valve on an RV toilet in place.
Before I understood how they attach.  Now, in about 2 minutes I spin
off the two anchoring nuts and give another minute or two to
disconnecting the finger-tight water line nut and just lift out the
toilet to work on it.  RV toilets have a foam rubber seal instead of a
wax seal so unless the toilet has been in place for years, no need to
change the seal.  Just set the toilet back in place, spin the nuts and
you're done.