Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Drug nazis say we RVer are suspicious
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:39:19 -0500

I was perusing the federal Drug Nazi (AKA DEA) web site tonight looking for
suspicious activities when I found something remarkable.  According to the
Nazis, most of us are now illicit drug manufacturing suspects.  To wit, the
following:

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs/program/sotf/appendixa.htm#exhibit3

"EXHIBIT III
Factors which May Suggest a Suspicious Transaction

Customers who purchase three or more of the following products in combination:
alcohol, Coleman fuel, acetone, road flares, drain cleaners, iodine, muriatic
acid, rock salt, starting fluid (ether), dry gas (alcohol), coffee filters,
large amounts of matches, etc."

Hmmm, let's see.  I inventory my RV and find:

alcohol, 			Yep *
Coleman fuel, 			Yep
acetone, 			Yep
road flares, 			Yep
drain cleaners, 		Yep **
iodine, 			Yep
muriatic acid, 			sometimes
rock salt, 			Yep
starting fluid (ether), 	Yep
dry gas (alcohol), 		Yep
coffee filters, 		hell yeah!
large amounts of matches, etc.	Define "large"

* Defined elsewhere in the document as any of the common alcohols.  I keep
some methanol in an MSA bottle for use as a flavorless charcoal lighter.
** Lye

Looks like I'm one bad dude according to the drug nazis.  I wonder if I'm on
yet another watch list?  Will they pull a Ruby Ridge-like raid on my MH one
day?  With the ashcroft fascists ruling, who knows.

Elsewhere on this site the drug nazis encourage retailers to implement
automated snitching systems.  Walmart has been at the head of this snitching,
reportedly sending an automated report to DEA on anyone who buys more than a
couple of boxed of decongestant at a time.  I wonder if I generate a report
each time I go to stock up on my solvent supply and check out with a couple of
gallons of acetone, methanol, coleman fuel and, God forbid, coffee filters?

Everyone should peruse this site, particularly those "law'n'order" types among
us.  You're subject to DEA attention even if you've never even thought about
using illegal drugs.

How did that go again?  "First they came for the druggies"
			"And when they came for me no one was left."