Index Home About Blog
From: dwilkins@northernnet.com (Don Wilkins)
Newsgroups: sci.chem
Subject: Re: copper acetate
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 17:19:14 GMT

On 12 Jan 1996 12:31:30 -0500, craig1708@aol.com (Craig1708) wrote:

>-=Here is another silly question...

Not really

>-=I am having trouble find copper acetate (also known as verdigris), the
>-=only listing so far is for copper II acetate monohydrate.
>-=Is it the smae thing or does copper acetate go by yet another name...this
>-=goes with my petroluem ether question.

The monohydrate is known as neutral verdigris. The basic acetate is
also known as verdigris. Both are poisonous.

Don't confuse this with the "green rust" which is found on copper
roofs or copper vessels. This also is called verdigris but is a copper
carbonate.

The copper acetate monohydrate is available from lab supply houses.

  _               _   _                  Für d' Flöh gibts a Pulver
 (_|   |   |_/o  | | | |  o              für d' Schuach gibts a Wix,
   |   |   |     | | | |      _  _    ,   für'n Durst gibts a Wasser
   |   |   |  |  |/  |/_) |  / |/ |  / \_  bloss fuer d' Dummheit gibts nix.

Index Home About Blog