Index Home About Blog
From: Gale McMillan <gale@mcmfamily.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: One-Shot Stops Question
Date: 6 Sep 1999 20:55:09 -0400

PAUKSTIS wrote:

The one shot  stop is in all reality a joke! while it happens sometimes
I will list a number of shootings and the result that I have known first
hand. 357 mag from 5 feet with factory ammo through the jaw bone and
lodged in the roof of the mouth . Subject drove 4 miles. Officer
McMillan of San Diego police took 2 357 factory rounds though the breast
bone and is on duty now He was not wearing body armor. Hunter was shot
though the abdomen with 150 gr 30/06 hunting round and walked to the car
to go to the hospital. An Okla. Highway patrolman shot himself in the
abdomen with 45 auto, the bullet went down through the pelvis and exited
the scrotum. he drove 7 miles to hospital and walked into the emergency
room and crawled up on a gurney A Phoenix fireman was shot while hunting
by a 300 win mag.through the belt buckle. He drove to the hospital and
is on duty now.  A colored woman in Sacramento was shot in the stomach
from point blank range with a 12 gage shot gun with minor damage. The
barrel was stuck into her stomach which formed a seal and the shot was
in the fat between the skin and mussel. A lot depends on how bad the
person wants to live. I know of other instances but this list covers a
wide range of weapons

Index Home About Blog