Index Home About Blog
From: bercov@csg.lbl.gov (John Bercovitz)
Subject: Dillon cartridge boxes

I bought a bunch of those cheap 20-round rifle cartridge boxes
from Dillon a while back and was rather disappointed when I
received them as they had not been deburred.  It took me about
ten mintes to use a pen knife to remove all life-threatening
burrs from a single box.  Then I got the idea of flaming the
edges with an ordinary propane torch.  Works great and you can
fix cover and box in less than a minute.  Do use a delicate
touch; it wouldn't be hard to melt down a box.  Just use enough
heat until the surface gets a wet look.  That's all it takes
for surface tension to pull in the sharp edges.

John Bercovitz     (JHBercovitz@lbl.gov)

Index Home About Blog