Index Home About Blog
From: "Steve Harris" <SBHarris123@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: alt.support.depression,sci.med,sci.logic,alt.genealogy
Subject: Re: POPE JOHN XXIII -- Proof of Life After Death
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 15:11:51 -0600

> <clw@teleport.com> wrote in message
> > In article <3af41cfb.183714756@news.shen-heightsaccess.net>,
> > edconrad@shen-heightsaccess.net (Ed Conrad) wrote:
> >
> > > Pope John XXIII, who died on June 3, 1963, is about
> > > to become a saint.
> > >
> > > When his casket was opened recently, his entire body
> > > was found to be "intact" despite the passage of 38 years
> > > -- and a smile still on his face.
> > >
> > > Pope John's mortal remains will be on view to the world
> > >  in Vatican Square on June 3.
> > >
> > > His beloved memory -- and his incredible humility -- will never
> > > be forgotten.

> > >     Then click on Proof of Life After Death.
> >
> > You have just described adequate embalming, an air tight casket and
> > having everything cledan at the time of internment.
> >
> > Can we assume that he was still dead?  How does this prove your thesis
> > of LAD?

When popes die somebody gets out a little silver hammer and whacks then on
the head and asks ritually "Are you dead?"

I think the death of this very Pope must have been inspiration for Maxwell's
silver hammer in the Beatles song.

Anyway, trust me, the guy is just as "dead" as Evita Peron (who also, I'm
sure, still looks great). He's as dead as Abraham Lincoln, who still looked
good the last time they opened his coffin, in 1901 (he'd been arsenic
embalmed, which may be even better than the present formaldehyde based
routines).  Whether the pope is merely dead or really most sincerely dead,
as meaning that nothing can be recovered even with advanced technology, who
knows? Where there is structural information, there is always, in a sense,
also (suspended) life.

Index Home About Blog