Index Home About Blog
From: Steve Harris <sbharris@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition
Subject: Re: need help on whey protein
Date: 14 Jul 2005 22:11:02 -0700

George Cherry wrote:
> "TC" <tunderbar@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Vegetarianism is not healthy for the heart. Just ask Jim Fixx.
>
> We can't--he's dead. By most accounts he died
> of a congenital heart problem and may have
> extended his life significantly by his jogging
> program. Can you verify that he was a vegetarian?
> Can you verify that his putative vegetarianism hurt
> his heart? Get help, TC, you're hallucinating.
>
> GWC

COMMENT:

Fixx was a runner, not a vegetarian. He didn't have any congenital
heart problem but high cholesterol. Which he did nothing about, but
run, till one day he fell over. Maybe running did help him. Probably it
did. His coronaries were all basically nearly closed on autopsy, and if
you can run on that, you're doing pretty well. Of course, he couldn't
keep on like that forever. I think of him as the world's greatest
example of "cardiac rehab." Without the primary treatment....

SBH

Index Home About Blog