Index Home About Blog
From: "Steve Harris" <sbharris@ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition
Subject: Re: Help!! Vitamin A Suppliment Is it important to Healthy Children?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:36:40 -0800

Ron Roth wrote in message <3c1ecb40@news.cybersurf.net>...
> To use another example, when taking large amounts of rutin alone,
> one will eventually create a deficiency of hesperidin, unless
> hesperidin is multiple times higher than rutin to start with.
> I have run clinical experiments doing that, so it is something
> that can be very easily demonstrated.

But not by you, `cause you forgot to publish. Pity. Nor has anybody else
seen such a thing. Apparently not so easily demonstrated.

Hesperidin and rutin are simply 2 of an amazing number of naturally
occurring flavonoids, which are often used in pills because they ARE cheap.
By-products of the citrus industry. The idea that there's some dynamic
interaction between them in the human body is bizarre.  And about what I'd
expect from the source.

Index Home About Blog