Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Subject: Re: Homeopathic principles (was Re: Allopathy)
Date: 08 Jun 1997
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,sci.med,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med.pharmacy

In <5nctim$cc1$1@news7.gte.net> Todd Gastaldo <gastaldo@gte.net>
writes:

>On a serious note, does modern medicine regularly use any homeopathic
>remedies - or remedies derived from homeopathic principles?

   Comment: not that I know of.  The ideas of homeopathy really defy
common sense, after all.  I can't even figure out how they clean the
glassware and mixers (or whatever they use) down at the homeopathic
medicine factory.  The cleaner they get things, after all, the more
potent will be any medicine they make.  And of course, there is no way
to use one set of mixing machinery for more than one remedy, ever in
its lifetime.  Right?  SUUURE.  Like all those guys at the homeopathic
mixing factory go around in isolation dust suits, ala Intel, so as not
to get a bit of preparation A in preparation B.  Wanna bet?

   And they use water prepared in what?  Derived from what source?
Inquiring minds want to know.  Contamination from any known container
should not be zero, and then should get further diluted and
strenghened, along with any medicine.  Prepare 10c extract of duck
guts, and you also get 10c extract of low concentration plasticizer
from the plastic bottles your de-ionized water was in.  Or 10c extract
of chromium from the stainless steel.  And so on.  What's the effect of
that?

   See the thread I've got going with Bertie on this.  He's about to
answer all my homeopathic questions.

                                             Steve Harris, M.D.

From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
Subject: Re: Shaken Baby Syndrome & Vaccination
Date: 10 Feb 1999 09:40:35 GMT

In <79n01d$4sv$1@ligarius.ultra.net> wright@nospam.clam (David Wright)
writes:

>BTW, did you hear about the homeopathic patient who forgot to take his
>prescription and died of an overdose?

   No, but I heard they had to pass a law about homeopathics being
flushed down the toilets in San Francisco.  Too many ended up diluted
in the bay, then getting into the fog.  People on death's door suddenly
began roller skating in the streets one day a week.  People the picture
of health suddenly got Kaposi's sarcoma.  Gay men began to watch
football.  Diane Feinstein decided the role of government was to stay
off decent citizen's backs and out of their way.  Jews could not keep
themselves from saying pater nosters, and down the Street at St. Lukes
they were getting into niggunim.  Sharks began nosing drowning swimmers
toward shore....

   All in all, not much stranger than the city had been before.  But
you know how people hate change.

                                        Steve

Index Home About Blog