Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
Subject: Re: Quackwatch??
Date: 30 Aug 1999 21:08:31 GMT

In <Pine.GSO.4.10.9908300721480.17812-100000@ciao.cc.columbia.edu> "A.
Fox" <aaf19@columbia.edu> writes:

>On 30 Aug 1999, HerbAssist wrote:
>
>> Remember the doctor I mentioned before in the ER who tried to intubate
>> a concious patient? This was mistake number one. Then he was not using
>> the laryngascope properly. Instead of going in and pulling the tongue
>> back he was ramming it down the guy's throat. That was mistake number
>> two. He ended up cutting the inside of the patient's throat open
>> severely with the laryngascope!!! Mistake number three. The point is
>> that this was a doctor who has had a lot more years of schooling than I
>> have had. Yet at least I knew that you do not intubate a patient that
>> is concious. We are taught intubation as EMTs. So his degree did not
>> magically make him the master of all knowledge.
>

>That doesn't mean I'd want YOU tubing me.

    Especially not if Herbie thinks intubation is only for unconscious
people.  Better watch those asthmatic kids close, Herbie, cause when
they lose consciousness you've got about 30 seconds before their heart
quits, too.  So don't blink, and I hope you're really fast and have
three eyes.  Cause if you're not, you're going to be sued into
oblivion.  And deserve it.

Index Home About Blog