Index Home About Blog
From: Steve Harris <sbharris@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med.cardiology
Subject: Re: Strange Headaches, Previous Doctors Stumped
Date: 17 Jun 2005 19:26:55 -0700

COMMENT:

Who knows? Any pain near your eye you can make worse by yawning, let
along neck motion, is unlikely to be related to your brain or to be
caused by a seizure.

The one doc you haven't seen is an ENT surgeon. There are a lot of
sinuses near the eye region, and they can cause all kinds of odd pains
and referred pains when they plug up or become infected. I personally
wouldn't trust anybody to read a CT in that area BUT an ENT surgeon
with some experience.
So take your CT's and go see one.

Don't worry. You're probably not crazy.

SBH

From: Steve Harris <sbharris@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med.cardiology
Date: 18 Jun 2005 16:56:12 -0700

Another odd diagnosis for the differential would be trigeminal
neuralgia with opthalmic branch symptoms predominating. They didn't
start off calling this "tic douloureux" [spasm of pain] for nothing.
And of course in branch #I it can hit around the eye. Although motor
and sensory nerves in the face are completely separate, sometimes
sensory pain can be severe enough to trigger reflex motor spasm. A
trial of antiepilieptic drugs like neuronin and tegretol (which have
their own pain modifying properties) might sort some of this out.

SBH

Index Home About Blog