Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Subject: Re: Get Rid Of Toxic Metals   [correction]
Date: 04 Feb 1997
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry

In <32f60fd6.4618972@news.earthlink.net> robinhood2@juno.comREMOVE_THIS
(ML) writes:

>N-Acetyl Cysteine is a pre cursor of anti ox enzyme "glutathione
>peroxidase" and I was told to take 750 mg each night before bed.
>This is supposed to remove metals from my body.
>Has anyone tried this?
>
>Mick

   I don't know if it will remove metals from your body, but it might
remove a lot of people from your immediate vicinity when you pass gas.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but enough sulfur amino acid
supplements will keep everyone away. :-)

                                    Steve Harris, M.D.

From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,misc.health.alternative
Subject: Re: Ahhh - The Fine Fragrance of Garlic.
Date: 6 Mar 1998 05:13:24 GMT

In <34FF0772.1C1BF82@notarealaddr.ess> Brian Manning Delaney
<bmdelaney@notarealaddr.ess> writes:

>There are two distinct odor issues with garlic.
>
>One is the smell of the garlic itself, a very strong smell,
>which many people like (I love it).
>
>The second is the POST-garlic-consumption odor that emanates
>from the body of someone who has recently eaten garlic. It
>usually kicks in within an hour or two, and lasts for at
>least 24 hours, depending on how much garlic was consumed.
>This is a very different smell from the smell of fresh
>garlic, one which few like.

    So true!  You've put your finger on something that I hardly ever
see mentioned.  Yes, if you eat a LOT of garlic it's possible to smell
like pizza, but the problem is that most people don't eat that much.
They eat just enough to get the "hint of sulfur compound breath" which
is not identifiable as garlic at all-- it just smells like the world's
worst bad breath.

>"Mein Genie ist in meinen Nuestern." -Nietzsche.

   Your sig quote is unusually appropriate this time.

                                       Steve Harris, M.D.

Index Home About Blog