Index Home About Blog
From: "Steve Harris" <>
Subject: Re: help - migrane after exercise.
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 22:49:37 -0600

"GeoWCherry" <> wrote in message
> Hi Dave:
> Here's something to try. I had migraines
> for three decades and nothing seemed to
> work as a prophylactic. Finally, I came
> across some articles on PubMed which
> stated that large doses of vitamin B2
> (riboflavin) could prevent migraines. My
> suggestion is to pick up a bottle of 50 mg
> tablets and take one or two with each
> meal you eat. Also, take one or two be-
> fore a long run. The articles I found rec-
> ommended 200 to 400 mg a day. B2
> is quite benign.

It is, although you're going to smell like a vitamin bottle (I can't really
describe the smell-- open your B2 bottle or B vitamin bottle and take a
whiff. That's riboflavin). Whatever this breakdown product is, it does get
into your breath.

You can't really absorb more than about 20 mg of riboflavin per meal, so
taking more than a 50 mg tab per meal is silly.

Enjoy the experiment.

Index Home About Blog