Index Home About Blog
From: "Steve Harris" <sbharris@ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition
Subject: Re: what promotes healing (for real)?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:25:15 -0800

Jay Tanzman wrote in message <3C7BB89E.CCB698B9@sph.llu.edu>...

>Martin Banschbach wrote:
>
>> Every time a male uses his penis, it's damaged.  With age, some
>> men build up so much scar tissue that an erection can not be obtained
>> and if it is obtained, it's very painful.
>
>Do you have a citation for this?
>
>-Jay

Certainly sounds like belief of your average chronic hand-wringer to me.

A better rule in biology is "use it or lose it."  There's not much evidence
that making your heart go faster causes it to wear out earlier. There's not
even evidence that walking or running more causes your KNEES to wear out
faster, if they were normal begin with. Though the idea was so appealing to
common sense that it was taken for granted for many years.

Index Home About Blog