Index Home About Blog
From: "Steve Harris" <sbharris@ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med,sci.med.pathology,sci.med.radiology
Subject: Re: X-ray advice
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:16:20 -0700

Mo Fo wrote in message ...
>Well, let me just say this:
>
>Years ago, Thomas Edison invented Intensifying Screens, which are loaded
>into all x-ray cassetes nowadays. These screens convert X-ray energy into
>flourescent light, which is what is exposing the film in the cassettes.

Yep. Not too many people know this.

Not long ago at my lab, the X-rays of our animals started coming out totally
clear. Uh-oh-- is the machine on the fritz or is it the developer?  No
problem-- open up an X-ray cassette, put it under the machine, and fire off
a shot. You can see the breif green glow even in good light, better than
anything Roentgen ever had to work with. So the machine's fine. So I call up
my X-ray processor service, and we have a nice talk. The tanks of developer
looked like my favorite stout ale, and that's not good. And yep, that was
the problem.

SBH

--
I welcome email from any being clever enough to fix my address. It's open
book.  A prize to the first spambot that passes my Turing test.

Index Home About Blog