Index Home About Blog
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: REALLY Dumb Question.....Question #2 (diam)
From: Robert Bastow <Tubal_cain@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 17:34:05 GMT

Fitch,

I couldn't have put it better myself!!

Another way to get that "Last Half Gnats Whisker" is to give the boring bar a
TEENSIE rub (on the top face..NOT the cutting dia.) with a very fine stone or
diamond lap. Take another pass through and the (sharper) bit WILL take a fresh,
but tiny bite out of the hole.

A really high quality, (and Expensive) head..like a Darex..will allow you to
dial in AND GET a 0.0001" increment on diameter.  But they are beyond the
pockets of most of us.

Robert Bastow

Index Home About Blog