Index Home About Blog
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: WANTED: Dentists drill
From: frisbie@flying-disk.com (Alan Frisbie)
Date: 10 Oct 95 08:44:12 PDT

In article <45cjir$f84@usenet.ucs.indiana.edu>,
jverburg@ucs.indiana.edu (John VerBurg) writes:

> Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase an air powered,
> diamond or carbide tipped dentist's drill. I need it to make some fine
> cuts in some ceramic pieces. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I asked my dentist this same question and she gave me a catalog
from:

    IDE Interstate, Inc.
    1500 New Horizons Blvd.
    Amityville, NY 11701

    800-666-8100 (Voice)
    800-433-3291 (FAX)

She also saves used cutters for me.   They may be too dull for
teeth, but they work fine on aluminum and steel.   It sure beats
paying $4 - $10 each.

> John VerBurg - Graduate Student
> Dept of Chemistry
> Inidana University
> Bloomington, Indiana USA

You might find a copy of a similar catalog at the university
health center if you are in a hurry.

--  Alan E. Frisbie               Frisbie@Flying-Disk.Com
--  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.
--  4759 Round Top Drive          (213) 256-2575 (voice)
--  Los Angeles, CA 90065         (213) 258-3585 (FAX)

Index Home About Blog