Index Home About Blog
From: REMOVE_THISdwilkins@means.net (Don Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: propane tank conversion?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:36:22 -0500

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:28:25 GMT, "Larry Burdick"
<burdick@mediaone.net> wrote:

>,;Don't know where else to post this:
>,;
>,;I've got some out-of-date propane tanks that I'd like to convert to
>,;expansion tanks for an irrigation system.  A guy at the local hardware
>,;strore said that old tanks need to be cleaned with some kind of solvent to
>,;get rid of the propane residue, but didn't know specifics.

Filling with water will expel the propane but not necessarily the
smell of ethyl mercaptan.

For the later add chlorox or copper sulfate to the water. Let it sit
for  awhile (perhaps overnight) and the mercaptan odor should be gone.

Index Home About Blog