Index Home About Blog
From: Robert Bastow <"teenut"@ hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Automotive whine - foiled by Buick.
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 05:57:38 GMT

Mike Graham wrote:

>   I remember reading a story where the author was touring in some
> back-of-beyond place, and was at a motorcycle-rental place.  Sitting under a
> shady tree was a small boy laboriously filing away at a piston trying to get
> it to fit an engine for which it had never been designed.  I'll bet it
> worked, too.  8-)
>
> --

I bet it did too!

I have often watched Arab Craftsmen, in the Souks of Cairo, file down a set of
Ford Pistons to fit a Mercedes...Sitting cross-legged on the sidewalk and
holding it with their toes!

I was reliably informed, that this was a regular circumstance..the only pistons
they could get were Ford, Fiat and Peugeot..all other sources of new or
"recycled" ones had been used up long ago.

Yes the cars run well.  Made me 'umble!

teenut

Index Home About Blog