Index Home About Blog
From: (Don Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: about viton?
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 00:51:12 GMT

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 08:51:14 -0700, "Hamish" <>

>,;I believe "Viton" is a trade name owned by Dupont.  There is some
>,;information available at:
>,;A starting point, anyway.

You are correct. It is duPont.

It is a trademark for a series of fluoroelastomers based on the
copolymer of vinylidene fluoride and hexafluoropropylene with the
repeating structure of

Resistant to corrosive liquids and chemicals up to 600 F. Useful
continuous service at 400-450 F. Resistant to ozone, weather, flame,
oils, fuels, lubricants, and many solvents.

Uses.... Gaskets, seals, diaphragms, tubing, aerospace and automotive
components, high vacuum equipment, low temperature and radiation

I don't know of any solvent which will dissolve it.

>,;<> wrote in message
>,;> Does anyone know about "viton" ? how many compound and material are
>,;> mixed??Where I can get this information?
>,;> thankS!

Index Home About Blog