Index Home About Blog
From: REMOVE_THISdwilkins@means.net (Don Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: about viton?
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 00:51:12 GMT

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 08:51:14 -0700, "Hamish" <hamishg@cadvision.com>
wrote:

>,;I believe "Viton" is a trade name owned by Dupont.  There is some
>,;information available at:
>,;http://www.dupont-dow.com/products/viton/products/default.html
>,;A starting point, anyway.

You are correct. It is duPont.

It is a trademark for a series of fluoroelastomers based on the
copolymer of vinylidene fluoride and hexafluoropropylene with the
repeating structure of

-CF2-CH2-CF2-CF(CF3)-

Resistant to corrosive liquids and chemicals up to 600 F. Useful
continuous service at 400-450 F. Resistant to ozone, weather, flame,
oils, fuels, lubricants, and many solvents.

Uses.... Gaskets, seals, diaphragms, tubing, aerospace and automotive
components, high vacuum equipment, low temperature and radiation
equipment.

I don't know of any solvent which will dissolve it.

>,;Hamish.
>,;
>,;<tonychen@ksts.seed.net.tw> wrote in message
>,;news:36e1e129.22105798@news.seed.net.tw...
>,;> Does anyone know about "viton" ? how many compound and material are
>,;> mixed??Where I can get this information?
>,;> thankS!

Index Home About Blog