Index Home About Blog
Newsgroups: sci.space.history
From: henry@spsystems.net (Henry Spencer)
Subject: Re: Geo's Phony Lost Cosmonauts site
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:20:38 GMT

In article <7oni3m$3ts$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <olboggy@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Considering how good the Soviets were at coverups. How do we know this
>stuff is not true.

Because they weren't actually that good at it.  True, they fooled a lot of
gullible Western media types with ridiculous lies like "we never meant to
go to the Moon".  But the more careful and systematic Soviet-watchers got
most of the details right despite Soviet coverups, partly because the
Soviets made enough slips that careful study of the evidence gave pretty
good hints of what was really going on.  There have been only fairly minor
surprises in all the stuff that has come out since the collapse.
--
The good old days                   |  Henry Spencer   henry@spsystems.net
weren't.                            |      (aka henry@zoo.toronto.edu)

From: jamesoberg@aol.com (JamesOberg)
Newsgroups: sci.space.history
Date: 10 Aug 1999 00:27:36 GMT

<<Considering how good the Soviets were at coverups. How do we know this
stuff is not true.>>

They never were THAT good at coverups -- and besides, in case you hadn't
noticed, the "Soviets" are out of business.

We can be highly confident this NEVER happened because it would have been
harder to fake it than to make it.

Index Home About Blog