Index Home About Blog
Subject: Re: Russian Jet Technology 1937-45
From: David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date: May 29 1996
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military

> work for the U.S., I would really like someone to tell me who are those
> mythical Germans who supposedly built the Soviet space program.  I

	You might want to check out the new book "Road to Space", which
is a new history of the Soviet space program, as told by the
participants.  Yes, the Soviets didn't get too many Germans, or even
V-2s, but they made very good use of what they did get.  Sergei Korolev
was their von Braun.

	BTW - it is not often recognized, but von Braun was a Major in
the SS.  He wasn't the innocent German that they like to portray him as.