Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Stirring Account of the County Cluster
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:21:07 -0400

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:50:27 GMT, ratatouillerat@yahoo.com wrote:

>"A plea went out for donations.  The convention cost $16000, and
>the party had only $15000 in the bank.  They should have asked
>earlier."
>
>I recall being told by the billing dept when I workded for phone
>company that at the very top of the list for making sure deposits were
>up to the minute were political parties -- The losers never paid their
>bills.

One of the lessons I learned from the school of hard knocks when I owned a welding
supply distributorship (we sold helium, balloons and party supplies too) was that
preachers and politicians ALWAYS PAY UP FRONT WITH CASH (no checks).  No exceptions.
Doesn't matter whether the politico wins or loses, he simply doesn't pay his bills.
At least the one who administered that lesson to me lost....