Index Home About Blog
From: torvalds@penguin.transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: IBM - Linux commercial
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 05:23:17 +0000 (UTC)

In article <ED8l7.8405$ln4.633535@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
MrDuck  <misterduck@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Went to Borders with my 3-year-old.  Went to the computer books, looks all
>boring to her until we reach a section of bookshelves featuring Linux.  She
>sees all the Linux books with penguins and she shouts emphatically, "I LIKE
>PENGUINS!".
>
>Get them while they're young!

I'm ashamed to admit it, but this was actually part of the criterion for
the design of the penguin.  And I quote from my original message that
called for the penguin to be done:

	Give people the outline, and they should say [ sickly sweet
	voice, babytalk almost ] "Ooh, what a cuddly penguin, I bet he
	is just _stuffed_ with herring", and small children will jump up
	and down and scream "mommy mommy, can I have one too?".

I have no morals.

		Linus

Index Home About Blog