Index Home About Blog
From: ahahma@utu.fi (Arno Hahma)
Newsgroups: rec.pyrotechnics
Subject: Re: German Black Al
Date: 21 Aug 93 20:21:43 GMT

In article <250k0m$79b@irz401.inf.tu-dresden.de>,
Andre Beck <Andre_Beck@IRS.Inf.TU-Dresden.DE> wrote:

>so ? Is the method of making it developed in germany ? It sounds more
>like chinese... And, does one need industrial equipment to do it ?

Yes, the method is developed there, by Eckart Werke, Fuerth, Bayern.
As far as I know, they are the only manufacturer, who makes the dark
pyro aluminum. One does need industrial equipment, the Al is rolled
between sheets of paper, until the thin metal sheet is broken up.
Then, the aluminum containing paper is charred and the result is
ultra-fine aluminum powder.

The trade name of dark pyro is Ecka Al 5413 and it contains about 90 %
of Al. The rest is unspecified, but mostly aluminum oxide.

>between paper sheets. What paper ? Lots of questions...

No idea, but I would guess the paper is thin craft paper. That kind of
paper does not contain inorganic fillers, that would be incorporated in
the Al powder.

>| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) Andre_Beck@IRS.Inf.TU-Dresden.de | o |

ArNO
    2