Index Home About Blog
From: glhurst@onr.com (Gerald L. Hurst)
Newsgroups: rec.pyrotechnics
Subject: Re: Lighter Tricks
Date: 22 Nov 1995 20:51:46 GMT

In article <48vni3$6ds@tribune.usask.ca>, aa244@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca
(Dallas Trembach) says:

>You can also find people with holes in their jeans and light the little
>denim strings on fire when they aren't looking.  My uncle used to do this
>to me when I was little, scared the hell outta me.
>
>I know these may not be "tricks"  but they are fun things to do with
>lighters.

Dallas, your uncle was an idiot and you are following in his
footsteps. I had a case in which a 9 year old girl, plying
with a book of Granny's matches, set the long ornamental denim
leg fringe of her jeans on fire. Her mother, hearing her screams,
ran out of the house and extinguished the fire by rolling the
little girl in a mud puddle. Unfortunately the girl received
extensive burns to both of her upper legs, which will be painful
and disfiguring for the rest of her life.

The accident led to a lawsuit against the manufacturer in which
it was determined that the denim was of normal manufacture and
no different from other jeans material except for the frayed
denim fringes of the same material.

Jerry

Index Home About Blog