Index Home About Blog
From: Gale McMillan <gale@mcmfamily.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: 5.56mm is an inferior cartridge
Date: 24 May 1998 21:47:58 -0400

Before the Chinese over ran the 1st. Marine div at the reservoir we got
marksman training and got a little something in our pay envelop every
month if we trained hard and could earn a badge but I doubt if anyone
reading this can remember those days. That day at Chosen reservoir
marksmanship went out the window and fire power became the in
word. Instead of range days every 60 days the troops got familiarization
once a year  where they fired 50 rounds and never added up their scores.
It was for this very reason that you would see troops laying behind a
rock wall holding their M16 over their head and spraying rounds on full
auto in the wars we have had since those days. It maters not at all how
much noise you make or what the cyclic rate of fire is. What matters is
causing casualties. I would rather have my squad armed with 45/70 trap
doors if they could get a hit every time they pulled the trigger than
an assault rifle they could burn up barrels without drawing blood. But
what you or I think is not going to change any thing in the minds of
those who have swallowed all the crap that has been put out by the
powers to be who spread the Bs about how lethal the 556 is.
Gale Macmillan

Index Home About Blog