Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: misc.rural
Subject: Re: Wireless Tower on your Land
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:25:46 -0500

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:34:08 -0600, AL <lithar@hamiltoncom.net> wrote:

>Neon John wrote:

>>> I'd sooner have an outhouse in the front yard.
>>
>> No accounting for taste, I don't suppose.  I'd prefer my outhouse behind the house!
>

>HEY! I resemble that remark. I usta have an outhouse in my front yard!
>My front yard happens to enjoy a panoramic view stretching some 20 mi
>out. Not many folks can enjoy a view like that while sittin' on the
>crapper. Living in the sticks has its advantages.

There's a cabin near mine that has the ultimate outhouse view.  The cabin is on the
edge of a sheer rock bluff with a drop of at least 200 ft.  Beside the cabin is a
tree that somehow forked and grew out sideways over the bluff before resuming
vertical growth.  In the fork of the tree is the outhouse.  It's 3 sided plus a roof.
The open side faces out.  The view while doing one's business is indescribable.  One
can also engage in all sorts of physics thought experiments such as mentally
computing the height above ground from the time interval between poop and plop.  An
outstanding combination of aesthetics and intellectual stimulation.

In addition to all that, there are other majorly beneficial attributes.  The outhouse
doesn't stink and it never needs cleaning.  Of course, one could not say as much for
a hiker that might wander into the "downrange" area.

The last time I was by this cabin I was in a large group of ORVers.  A group quickly
formed to verbally express our appreciation for the "production values" of each user
of the facility.  "Ooooohhs" and "Ahhhhhhs" were plentiful and there were even
occasional applauses.  It WAS funny watching various women in the group resolve the
conflict between experiencing their 15 minutes of fame and trying to hold it in for
the rest of the ride.