Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med.nutrition,
	misc.kids.health
Subject: Re: #2:Fluoride, The Complete Script
Date: 13 Oct 1998 21:39:14 GMT

In <3623bc17.14004108@beta.news.u-net.com> emilie@windrose.u-net.com
(Emily Knapp) writes:

>Fluoride reaches all kids, preventing decay.  Have you ever seen a
>child with an acute dental abscess?  It's meant to be the second worst
>pain known to man.

   You've got that right.  I've had one dental abscess in my life, and
I was popping percocets like M&M's.  Horrible.  A dislocated knee I had
once compared roughly in intensity (for about 2 minutes) but didn't
come close for duration.  With a dental abscess all you get to do is
lie on the bed with a cold cloth in your mouth, sweat, groan, wait for
your appointment the next morning, and wish you were dead.

Index Home About Blog