Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,alt.folklore.herbs
Subject: Re: curcumin/turmeric
Date: 26 Aug 1998 19:11:44 GMT

In <6s138m$59e$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com> ymlim0503@yahoo.com writes:

>I think I have an inflamed ankle joint and would like to pursue an
>alternative method to healing.	I have heard that that curcumin is a good
>anti-inflammatory agent and was wondering if anyone has had success with
>it. If so, what are some good sources for curcumin?
>
>Thanks,
>Y.M.Lim

   The only source is turmeric spice powder (which can be bought in any
store), or you can buy it separated, at 95% purity, in health food
stores.  Dose is 2-3 capsules a day of spice, or one capsule a day of
the 95% stuff, going as fast as you can to this much with each meal, as
tolerated by your GI tract.  The burning feeling in your stomach which
some people experience is not dangerous.  Turmeric has a far greater
safety record than aspirin or Aleve or Motrin, etc.

                                           Steve Harris, M.D.

Index Home About Blog