Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Subject: Re: EVILS OF WHITE SUGAR
Date: 03 Dec 1996
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

In <19961202150700.KAA13596@ladder01.news.aol.com> culpernia@aol.com
writes:

> sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris) wrote:
>
>>>Can somebody post an article or direct me to a website that enumerates the
>>>dangers of refined white sugar to the human body.  Thanks, Ken
>>
>>   I don't know of any evils of white sugar which aren't shared by
>>brown sugar (which is generally white sugar with a little molasses
>>added back for color and flavor).  I think that all this prejudician
>>stuff against white sugar is just a politically correct backlash
>>against white stuff stuff in general, which all used to be good by
>>virtue of it's whiteness, and is now all considered suspicious for the
>>same reason: refined white flour, refined white sugar, refined white
>>people....     The only politically correct white thing I know of is a
>>white Russian, ala Yeltsin. <g>
>>

>>                                              Steve Harris, M.D.
>
>How much did the sugar industry contribute to the
>medical school wher you went, Doctor?  In your response,
>could you discourse on white bread being the same as
>brown bread?

   Why, I went to Wonder Bread Medical School, in which we were taught
that refined foods build strong bodies 12 ways.  Most of my books were
tuition was paid for by the snack food industry, and I still have my
Cheez Whiz pen, which I use to write prescriptions for Mevacor (you'll
find it's the same company, if you do some digging).

    Hope that's helpful.  Oh, and by the way, at Wonder School they
told us about people who were into "brown bread."  They said that if
you look at the label, most of the flour is still white even in brown
bread, and the brown is just color added by a flour which is second or
third ingredient.  Makes people feel virtuous to eat, they said, but
doesn't really have much good stuff in it, most of the time.
Exceptions exist, but they are often dry, and the non-dry ones are from
bread shops, generally not large supermarkets.

                                        Doc Halfaloaf

From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Date: 04 Dec 1996
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

In <19961203182400.NAA10917@ladder01.news.aol.com> culpernia@aol.com
writes:

> sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris) wrote:
>>   Why, I went to Wonder Bread Medical School, in which we were taught
>>that refined foods build strong bodies 12 ways.  Most of my books were
>>tuition was paid for by the snack food industry, and I still have my
>>Cheez Whiz pen, which I use to write prescriptions for Mevacor (you'll
>>find it's the same company, if you do some digging).
>
>That would be Harvard, right?  I thought I recognized your
>medical training.  Now where did you get your joke book?

   Harvard?  I confess I actually didn't make it into Wonder Bread
Medical School, and had to settle for White Bread Medical School
(sometimes also known as the University of Utah).  As to joke books, I
buy these in health food stores.  I'm still laughing at "The Cure For
All Diseases."

                                       Doctor Wholesome
                                       Salt Lake City

Index Home About Blog