Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Subject: Re: Whats the best sewerpipe support?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:01:17 EDT
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel

"George E. Cawthon" wrote:

> You don't need a fine toothed saw.  Whenever you cut thin plastic or
> fiberglass stuff, put the blade on backwards.  It works well on soft
> stuff, but the blade can't catch and tear the material and the cut will
> be much smoother.

Ya, fun to watch someone burn their way through a sheet of plastic
that way.

To CUT instead of melt, the best solution is, tada ... get a plastic
blade.  I do a reasonable amount of plastic work in my business and
have found the blade to be worth the effort to order.  I got mine
from our local plastic distributor.  If you can't find a plastic
blade, a thin kerf finishing blade works almost as well, especially
if one goes slow.  I did it that way for years before I got the
plastic blade.  I mounted a fitting on my saw that allowed me to
direct high pressure air right on the cut.  This cooling let me cut
a LOT faster before melting sets in.