Index Home About Blog
From: Paul F Austin <PAUSTIN@HARRIS.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Subject: Re: $700 Toilet Seat Truth
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:56:10 -0500

RobbelothE wrote:

> Having done some small part of the acquisition business, let me explain the
> high costs. <good explanation of how low production rates drive up costs>

In the particular case of the "toilet seat", the item was actually a
molded fiberglass cover for the sanitary tank on IIRC, a P-3. The
"toilet seat" was a 3 foot by 2 foot complex molding that had a toilet
seat molded into it. $750 is entirely reasonable for something with
about the complexity of a fender panel for a Corvette.

--
Eat a live toad, first thing in the morning
and nothing worse will happen to you all day

Index Home About Blog